Friday, February 5, 2010

The AC Vent... Went

Sitting in this plush AC bus while travelling from office to home I feel really comfortable and good. I was really happy with my rare achievement as I finished the 'taxing' version of Mid-do-cu (Mumbai Mid day version of Sudoku) in flat 15 min. So... half an hour more and I will be home. What a wonderful thing BEST (acronym) has started in the name of BRTS Bus service (Bombay Rapid Transport System). Wow man... this is India, can watch some really wonderful buildings on my way home in an AC, soundproof comfortable bus. What else can I ask for. I am really a proud Indian.

10 more minutes passed watching a couple having fun with each other sitting just in the next row. Wait a minute... the AC is really strong man... I am feeling the chill... again a proud moment... feeling cold while travelling from work to home in Mumbai was like day dreaming a couple of years back.

Now starts the magic. Like every other AC bus this bus also has Vents on the roof on top of every row. This bus also has. Like every Vent in the AC Bus has a closing mechanism where you can close the vent if you are feeling really cold this bus also should have it. Happily pushed my lazy hand above to find to my surprise the closing mechanism doesn't exist. Some one broke it and no one bothered to repair it or complain about it.

Person sitting next to me says as a matter of fact "Indians are the most innovative bunch of guys... we have solution for every problem... just push this Mumbai Mid-day (complementary copy for all AC Bus travellers) into the vent and your problem is solved... look how good Indians are... "

Really man... look how good the Indians are... In this case it was some one amongst us who broke the vent for god know what reason... There is no Government to blame... no MNS/ShivSena/NCP to blame... No BMC to blame... and once you do not have any one to blame for a problem which you offcourse have created... you become innovative and a proud Indian... Ahh.. I am a proud Indian too...

No comments: