Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Replublic Day... What a fucking joke...

26th January 2010, all my friends (me as well) are so happy, its 60th Republic day anniversary. More important than that we have a day full of sports action... India taking on Bangladesh, then Australia taking on Pakistan (my cable guy says 80% of his customers watch that too, "cricket is god in india sir...).

So I get up early in the morning, take bath and go down at the society lawns to salute the Indian flag and sing the national anthem along with all the oldies of the society. The younger ones offcourse are either sleeping or most of them have got their cricket matches fixed; society A vs. B, the middle aged one's are sleeping while their kids are carrying tricolors to the ground and are being taken care of by the maids. So I enjoy this small ceremony and tea-biscuit session after that. I find all those tricolors in the floor or in the garden while on my way. A few years back I used to get very emotional watching such disrespect to the tricolor but i guess i am used to it or seek comfort in the fact that those tiny piece of papers are not our flags but just some toys or some replica of my national flag.

When I come back my wife also has woken up and we are all set for a wonderful holiday with breakfast and TV. I got Dhokla, Jalebi, Khandwa and Fafda for breakfast. I search my TV for some time but could not find Star Sports. Ohh my god, yeh to klpd ho gaya... today is rafa vs. murray, how can i miss it. Fight a lot with the cable guy who tries to explain me that in India no one watches anything but cricket and so he can give only two slots for sports channel which are showing cricket right now. Somehow I convince him to give another slot so I can watch Australian Open. One of the decisions I regret till date is why I disconnected my TATA sky connection in favor of this local cable guy.

Anyways the cable is on and I am enjoying the australian open. There is nothing which gives you more satisfaction than tennis match where the two opponents are as good as rafa and murray. The kind of tennis they play is much different than any of the non-top-10 guys play and thats probably why i start watching the matches after pre-quarter final of every grand slam.

The match is going fine and all of a sudden the cable goes off. I call up the cable guy and he says there is some problem and wait for half and hour and cuts the line before i can ask anything else. My wife who is quitely passing her time till now asks for a small favor and I shout at her like a maniac. Thats not because of this cable problem. But because of this bigger joke called the republic day.

I am always so scared of these government holidays that I pray to god that days like 15th aug, 26th jan and 2nd oct should be deleted from the calender. All the jokers of the world, be it NCP or the Shiv Sena will blabber on their loudspeakers for the entire day and kill the entire day for me and reduce my immunity even more. For i can bear any kind of pollution but when it comes to noise pollution, i get really really crazy and irritating. I start behaving like a moron. Shout at any one and every one coming my way and try to cut off myself from the world. The effect is so much that I am not enjoying the tennis match also and I hate this fact.

There is a stadium just behind my housing society called the Thakur Stadium. I used to be proud of this place for a simple reason that once 'my god' Mr. Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar had graced this stadium with his presence. Today, I hate the fact that there is a stadium near my house. As if the loudspeakers in the nearby societies were not enough, some local congress leaders have organized a full day... yes a FULL DAY kushti pratiyogita aka dangal (wrestling competition) there and since 9 AM in the morning and till right now i.e. 6pm I can hear a lot of local leaders shouting at the top of their voices. I dont know who is there to listen to them since morning. but I am totally screwed, my day is screwed and so has my wife's day. She had planned a lot for the day, including shopping but all for fail coz she knows once my mood is off there is nothing in the world that can make it better. I call up the local police station and shout at them but I know in advance that they can not do anything coz this 'dangal' is being presided over by Mr. Sanjay Nirupam an ex shiva sena now in congress (and big boss's house) and some of the names in the organizers list is Some bhai thakur (thakur village, thakur complex all are named after him and i hear are owned by him and i hear he is a dangerous guy and a ahh a 'leader' also) So now I am sure no one can do anything to cheer me up and save the day for my wife. I still shout at the cop at the local police station and some one at the anti pollution helpline but I am sure no one has the balls to do any thing.

all i can do is pray to god that some how god ji do some thing that days like 26/01, 15/08 and 02/10 do not come again. these days no longer excite me and if there is something i really hate and do not want to see is these dates in my calender. let me sign off, biwi has a dictionary in hand... she is checking the meaning of 'republic' there...

No comments: